If you’re relocating to Seattle and you need to find a new job then you don’t need to worry as much as you might if you were moving to another city. There is a lot of potential work in Seattle across a wide range of industries.
Seattle is not like other sprawling US cities – it is distinctly possible to work near a residential area so you might not even need a car in order to get to work.
You can find a job easily in Seattle if you know where to look. Giant corporations can be found all over the city, especially in the technology sector. Although Seattle is known as the ‘Emerald City‘ on account of the vast amount of greenery in the area, Seattle is a thriving center for commerce.
In downtown Seattle you’ll see a presence from some of the most famous beverage companies out there. Starbucks, Jones Soda, and Hale’s Ale are located in this city. Moreover, you can also find Red Hook Brewery, Pyramid Breweries, Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co., Tully Coffee, and many more.
The top ten private employers in the Seattle area are:
3. University of Washington
6. Group Health Cooperative
7. Fred Meyer
8. Bank of America
9. Qwest Communications
For all kinds of jobs, go to these websites:
– NwJobs.com: Syndicates with Seattle Times Company for Northwest job vacancies
– BizJounals.com: This site focuses on customer service and management positions
– Seattle.gov: Official site for job vacancies in Seattle.
– KingCounty.gov: Job site for King County Government.
If you want to try your luck with some of the big boys, read on:
– Microsoft: Microsoft has large bases in Seattle downtown, Redmond, and Bellevue. As one of the biggest companies in the world, there is always going to be opportunity to find work.
– Nintendo: The legendary gaming firm is located in Fall City and Redmond.
– Starbucks: The HQ of this billion dollar, multi-national conglomerate is located downtown. They will always be on the lookout for new employees in various positions.
– Nordstorm: For those looking for work in the retail sector, Nordstorm is a great place to work. It is rated in the top 10 of private companies to work for in the US and has a large workforce in Seattle.
Make Your Move!
Helpful Tips & Resources from the Seattle Moving Experts